The volunteer registration is open!
About 600 volunteers made Pstereo 2018 a success. The festival welcomed almost 30.000 visitors, where both volunteers and and festival participants shared unforgettable experiences.
As a volunteer at Pstereo you will be part of a unique experience, and contribute to making Pstereo 2019 the best festival ever! No previous knowledge is required to join the team – just bring your smile and a “let's do this” attitude! We are looking forward to creating this festival with you!
How much do I need to work?
The main rule is that you have to work three shifts before the festival and two during the festival to get a festival pass. Some of the jobs have a need for other shifts, but in total everyone should work equal amount of time. Many volunteers want to work/have special days off, please notify us of this in your application! We will as long as it’s practical accommodate these wishes.
What do I get?
You have access to the festival the days you're not working, a great festival t-shirt and food and drink during the days you work. But most importantly you will get the opportunity to get to know many new people and share a unique festival experience, not to mention an exceptional party for the volunteers after the festival!
Do I have to pay taxes?
No. The benefits you earn from Pstereo is lower than the taxable limit of 10.000 NOK.
Organizers responsibility and rights:
- Organizer is obligated to give you access to the festival when you're not working.
- Organizer is obligated to notify you about when and where for you to show up for your shifts.
- Organizer is obligated to give you the necessary information about the work that you are doing.
- Organizer is obligated to give you the information about who the contact person for the area that you will be working with are.
- Organizer is obligated to facilitate for a good working-environment, as well as food and drink for you the days that you volunteer at Pstereo, in addition to a volunteer-t-shirt.
Volunteers responsibilities and rights:
- As a volunteer, you are obligated to be punctual for your work-shifts. If you cannot make it or are late give notice to Head of Volunteers or the contact-person for the area where you are working.
- As a volunteer the organizer expect you to contribute to great working-environment.
- We expect you to not be affected by any substances while working.
- As a volunteer, you cannot give statements to the press on behalf of the festival.
- Your volunteer-tshirt is for you to wear when you are at work. You can use the t-shirt whenever you want both before and after, but only while on work during the festival.
- If you pick up your festival pass but don´t work the agreed upon hours or there are other breaches of contract and you can not show a doctor's certificate, you will be billed the sum of a festival pass plus a nominal amount of 650, - for additional charges.
We expect you to show up sober, in time for your shift and ready to work!
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
As an accreditation volunteer you welcome our volunteers and hand out wristbands, t-shirts, information and good vibes. You also check in guests and press. Experience with our accreditation system, Arkon, is a big advantage, but not necessary.
This position requires you to sell, serve and pour beer, wine and pop during the festival nights. Due to the high tempo of this position Pstereo seeks volunteers who can work at a fast pace with a big smile on their face.
Our wine-bar serves fine wine in glasses made of glass. Your job is to wash glasses and help serving the guests at the bar with the nicest view!
Dismounting the grounds (Nedrigg etter festival)
After the festival ends, everything needs to be taken down again! This position includes deconstructing stages, tents, etc. and packing up and restoring the grounds to standards. Dismounting takes place on the Sunday and Monday following the festival. When working whit dismounting you also have to work one day shift either before, during or after the festival.
As a host you’re the face that the public meets, and therefore you are an important representative for the festival. It’s important that you meet the festival participants with a smile, you are a part of creating a safe and nice atmosphere. Hosts may be involved in keeping guard by the riverside so that no-one gets wet feet, standing guard by the entrances or other areas of the festival site.
An eye for photography, composition and know how to work a camera? Volunteer as a festival photographer. You will get the opportunity to catch the most magical moments of the festival, and allow us to hype the next festivals to come with amazing photos!
Pstereo food tent
Do you enjoy working with food? Join as volunteer in our very own food tent! Sell food to both guests and other volunteers.
Are you concerned with the environment and sustainability? We need volunteers to handle renovation for the festival, so the area is clean, tidy and ready for an energetic festival crowd!
Rigging (Opprigg før festival)
Rigging is pretty much setting up everything on the festival grounds from stages to tents, to eating areas, to lighting. Volunteers should have a bit of practical ability and a desire to work. Considering that you may have to lift heavy things in rain or shine, smiles are an encouraged bonus. Rigging of the grounds runs through August 12th – 17th.
A runner is a problem-solver that fixes things when they pop up, as required by the site manager. This position requires everything from carpentry, making drop-offs, tinkering around and so forth. It is an advantage if you are handy and are not afraid of a challenge.
Stagehands help with changing equipment and stage gear in between sets. Experience with stage/sound and music equipment is a priority.
Responsible for handing out equipment from our storage-container. Suitable for those who can tell the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver.
Getting people and things from A to B is crucial. As a driver you are required to have your driver’s license (B for normal vehicles). Additionally, you should be comfortable driving in town and on the highway and possibly with various makes and models of cars. If you do have other license categories, please remember to mention this on the registration form.
Are there categories or positions that you didn’t see listed here? Choose the category ’other’ on the registration form and include your recommendation. Alternatively, write the position you may have done in previous festival years.